Usually the words tale and door in the same title would be a straight shot to Narnia or something. Given the alternative, I’d take the trip. But, unfortunately, that is not an option.
Seven reasons why I’m secretly overjoyed when my daughter promises to live with me forever, one day late.
Here’s a piece of little-known parenting advice: learn about Helen Keller before your second child enters the first grade. Otherwise, you’ll never be able to settle an argument.
We headed to a bookstore about a half-block away. Once inside my daughter popped a mint into her mouth and promptly vomited mango lassi everywhere.
It’s funny how kids are exactly like adults and want to quit anytime something starts to hurt. Be it running or math homework or learning how to draw an ‘S’. They will distract. They will find urgent things that must be discussed. They will fight with you.
Over the weekend I read a story about boxing. Olympic boxing and a 16-year-old girl named Claressa Shields who is the next big thing. There was lot of talk about boxing and boxers and what makes a champion, but there was one quote that stopped me.
That song from American Dad? I want that for my alarm. I don’t know how to set it, but I’m sure I can because the iPhone can do anything. Except, of course, pay taxes, but I’m neither upset enough nor surprised enough by that to write about it before 7:00 AM.
- Out. Back Soon. December 11, 2012
- The Cable Guys, They Have Multiplied! November 9, 2012
- Parenting Books Gone Wrong November 8, 2012
- We’re Here On Earth To Fart Around November 5, 2012
- Metamorphosis November 2, 2012
- Sleepy: A Coffee Quitting Tale Of Woe October 26, 2012
- Alison: When does the hiatus end?! Looking forward to more...
- Anne: Oh Jane. The dark side of the dark. I love it....
- Anne: F**K ME! as our colleague Jessica Bern would say. ...
- Anne: WHAT? You mean I'm not the only person in this a...
- Anne: Chara, what an unqualified Pleasure to discover Th...
- OpinionsToGo: How many cable guys does it take to repair Chara C...
Follow @characampanella on Twitter