Early this morning I had planned to write about winning. After all, who doesn’t love to win? And later today many of you will win Girl Scout cookies, just as soon as I find a fair and equitable way to draw the names of a hat. I’d like to use my dogs and video their [...]
A couple of days ago my husband and I watched the Antiques Roadshow. I love the Antiques Roadshow. There is very little winning on the Antiques Roadshow. Either your treasure is worth absolutely nothing, it’s worth more than you expected and you have to insure it, or it’s worth much more than you expected. The [...]
If you know me, you know I’ve been bribing my friends to buy Girl Scout cookies. And if you know the Daily Yawp’s Facebook page, you know that I’m throwing a fairly intimate party over there. Writers are not naturally self-promoters. There are exceptions, of course, and I applaud them. Often the case with the [...]
You know, I have to hand it to Meat Loaf. He is not an attractive man. And yet he’s made it, and made it big, in a beauty industry. I don’t know much about Meat Loaf, his inner working or mob ties or whatnot, so I’m just going to attribute it to talent. Last night [...]
Hypothermia is my favorite of all hyperboles. A 37 degree morning where I uses an Ikea plastic plate to scrape the ice off the windshield? That’s hypothermia weather. Halloween night as we race from house to house, stopping only long enough to cross the street? Hypothermia. Getting out of a 90 degree pool on a [...]
I was going to write a list, the top ten reasons why this year is starting out with a whimper. I mentally composed it while making the kids breakfast. Daughter: Rice crispies, no milk. (Number one: a three week long winter break.) Me: That’s not enough food. (Number two: baseball try-outs the second week of [...]
But you know what? I’m not going to let that bother me. Otherwise the first day of the rest of my life is almost a year away and I don’t have that kind of time to waste. The dogs need walking. And who would be there to nag the kids about picking up their shoes [...]
- Out. Back Soon. December 11, 2012
- The Cable Guys, They Have Multiplied! November 9, 2012
- Parenting Books Gone Wrong November 8, 2012
- We’re Here On Earth To Fart Around November 5, 2012
- Metamorphosis November 2, 2012
- Sleepy: A Coffee Quitting Tale Of Woe October 26, 2012
- Alison: When does the hiatus end?! Looking forward to more...
- Anne: Oh Jane. The dark side of the dark. I love it....
- Anne: F**K ME! as our colleague Jessica Bern would say. ...
- Anne: WHAT? You mean I'm not the only person in this a...
- Anne: Chara, what an unqualified Pleasure to discover Th...
- OpinionsToGo: How many cable guys does it take to repair Chara C...
Follow @characampanella on Twitter